Pages

Followers

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Losing A Father

We just got back from Davao last night and I feel very exhausted due to a couple of sleepless nights. We went to my father's hometown because he chose to be buried there. As you all you know, my father passed away last October 16, 2011. I flew all the way from America just to see him for the last time. When in Davao, I saw there were only very few flowers offered or placed on his coffin so I had to buy funeral flowers at a local florist.

But the bouquet of flowers I bought wasn't something very nice. I wished I could find another decent florist nearby so I could offer my father the nicest flowers he could ever have. But anyway, I doubt those flowers being bought by people for his funeral had some additives for cut flowers because they wilted and died too soon.

Too bad I am not so familiar of the place. I could have gone to several florists and chose the best funeral flowers for him. Anyway, the big hurdle thrown to us is over. He is now laid to rest and I hope he is resting peacefully with the Lord in heaven. Hard to imagine living a life without a father but life goes on. I know he is happy where he is right now and I am pretty sure he is watching over us!

2 comments:

  1. This is my first time here, and I am sorry to arrive at a time to read that your father has passed away. Kind wishes.

    ReplyDelete