Pages

Followers

Monday, October 3, 2011

Basketball Wife

Guest post by Von Battle

I moved to a new cubicle at work this week, and thus I have a new neighbor. Her name is Jessica, and she is something else. I didn’t even know Jessica worked for my company because she is in the office so infrequently. Now that we’re neighbors, I have an even better idea of her leisurely schedule. Jessica comes into the office for about three days out of the week. She never stays the whole day, just long enough to make some noise and show her face so no one will move into her cubicle thinking that she no longer works there. If there’s something that I can say about Jessica, it’s that she is always dressed to a T in high high heels, fake eyelashes and designer duds.

I called her the other day because I needed a form that I couldn’t find. I asked her where she was. She hesitated for a moment and then stated she was at lunch. I asked where she was eating. She told the nail salon. Home girl has been watching a bit too much Basketball Wives on her Directtv.

No comments:

Post a Comment