Pages

Followers

Friday, April 29, 2011

Couples Corner #: 2 When He Doesn't Like The Food I Cook


I know my husband very well. He is a gentleman and when he doesn't like things, he would complain only if it involves other people but when it comes to me, I hear no complaining from him, of course he did complain one time about the smell when I cooked dried fish and I didn't clean up the mess afterwards. As to my cooking, he would eat whatever I serve for him. Although he doesn't always eat Filipino foods but when I intentionally cook for all of us, he would eat it and give me compliments if he really likes it. But if not, he would just stay quiet.

There was an instance years back, it was when I first came here in America. I cooked bitter melon with eggs for our breakfast and you know paliya as we call it, it's so bitter that not all people can stand its  taste...so he did eat what's on his plate but guess what? HE DIDN'T BOTHER TO CHEW THE PALIYA instead just jam it in his mouth and swallow it! It made me laugh watching him and when he was done, I asked why he did that? He said it was too bitter for him so to make it disappear fast, he just swallow it without chewing! Since that incident I never gave him my bitter melon ever again!

5 comments:

  1. kawawa naman baka hindi matunawan. i can't imagine how your hubby did that :D thanks for the visit in my entry! want to invite you to sweet saturday Anne. here's the mechanics. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband is so kind :)

    Thanks for dropping by...
    www.1sthappyfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hubby is so funny sis, well I guess you need to wash thoroughly those bitter melons that had been cut already with lots of salts before cooking it to lessen the bitter taste...me and hubby as well don't like eating it..lol...thanks for your comment, btw I'm your newest follower, hope you'll follow me back..Have a great day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, sa akong bana, mukaon pud siya ug paliya....bisan perting paita :-); muot sa imong bana, iyang lang gi swallowed kay pait man...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe! buti nga ang asawa mo at kinain pa, kapag si Rodney, kahit bugbugin mo, di yun kakain ng ayaw nya. Ang pait nga naman ng bitter melon, sukat mong ihain sa breakfast eh donut, or bacon ang mga kinakain ng kano sa morning, hehehe.. Nice one Anne.. Thanks for joining again..

    ReplyDelete