Pages

Followers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tips Before Leaving A Child To A Babysitter

I have always been a SAHM. I can't imagine leaving my baby at the day care or trusting her to somebody who is not related to me nor I know anything about one's background. That is scary! I have heard a lot of accidents and abused children under the care of their babysitters. To be sure, I take care my baby girl myself and never would I ever want to work until she starts going to school.

But for some mothers who have the need to work, it is okay for it left them no choice but leave their babies at someone's care. In case you need to hire a babysitter, here's a few tips you should consider before hiring someone and trust your baby. Hope it works for you and be thankful you came across this blog for I give important information to my readers once in a while.

- (HealthDay News) -- Before you choose a new babysitter or leave the sitter alone with your child for the first time, the American Academy of Pediatrics suggests you take the following precautions:
-Choose a sitter who has good references and has training in first aid and CPR.

-Make sure the sitter is mature, knows what to do in an emergency and is at least 13 years old.

Give the sitter a tour of your home, and encourage the sitter to show up well before you need to leave.

-Provide instructions in the event of a fire, including offering detailed escape plans.

-Direct the sitter on how and when to feed, bathe and "tuck in" your child.

-Be sure that your sitter knows about any health conditions affecting your child, including any allergies.

-Inform your sitter of where you're going and when you'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment