Pages

Followers

Friday, February 3, 2012

TYPE II

This guest post from Edgardo Rosa

I’m glad that I logged onto wirelessinternetproviders.net and got internet service at our house because I have been using it a lot lately. I was recently diagnosed with Type II diabetes. I was really upset when I got the diagnosis because I never really considered myself a candidate. I thought that I was relatively healthy and ate relatively well. Turns out, I haven’t been taking care of myself as well as I should.

I have been using the internet as a resource to understand the disease that I am living with. I had no idea what an A1c or the medications that I was being prescribed were. My doctor gave me some really great internet resources to use. My favorite one is an application that you can download to your phone to help yourself calculate the amount of insulin or medicine that you need to take depending on your blood glucose reading. I can also track my carbs and keep track of how much exercise that I have gotten. The internet is making this much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment